Friday, November 25, 2011

My Month of being Grateful

My Daughter's softball coach started writing a daily Grateful for status on Facebook.  Then one of my dear childhood friends sent a wake up call biblical statement:

An unthankful heart discovers no mercies...
a thankful heart ~ finds heavenly blessings :)
So I sat myself down and started my Grateful comments, It was emotional and uplifting to me.  what I didn't think was it was showing to others that my spirit had changed.  I finally got to have a real conversation with my Best Friend Olinda - who happens to know me better than anyone else - she said Wow you sound so much better and accepting.  I said maybe I am - it's amazing how reminding yourself how many wonderful things you have in your life will change your disposition - even when you are in extreme pain and your face looks like a monster.  
Yes, the so called Wolf has made his physical appearance - I have always been annoyed that I would be on extreme pain killers and took me all day just to get dressed and they say Wow, you look Great- so glad to see you are doing so great and getting better blah blah blah.  I know they meant well - but my husband and I would keep walking and say Oh man if they only knew how bad you were - but in the same time I am glad I look Great and no one knows the better.  
Well I jinxed myself - the Wolf as you all call it has reared his ugly head and I have the biggest, ugliest wound on my face.  There is no telling me I look great now.  I don't understand why it got so big - haven't read up on it, but intend to.  I have had red dots on my face that got worse with stress but never looked like an open wound and hurt under the skin all around it.  It has scared my 9 yr old baby girl.  She is afraid she will get this.  She has reassured me that she isn't embarrassed by it- Thank God 
Well I am surrounded by children and a bit distracted -so my mind cannot focus.  
I am hoping those of you that live with the mask help me figure this out - Are there creams, things I should do or use to help it heal - or does it just take time?  Please post comments or friend me on facebook - Tammy C Nash, live in Oregon
I think I will be getting creative - while it is so flared up - maybe learn how to use scarves to cover the face - there is no way I would put makeup on it in this stage. 
So sorry I got off Track - but I suggest to all my Lupus buddies - try the "being Grateful for" Status even if you just write it in a  journal - it has turned my very discouraged and sad, feeling sorry for myself, sick and tired of living like this attitude, right around.  I intend on keeping it going - maybe I could take those status' someday and publish it in a keepsake for my family so they will always remember how much joy they did bring to my life - If I am taken away from them before my time.
Well because it's a holiday weekend - my time alone will be limited so may not be able to post again til Monday - I hope you all found yourself surrounded by Love and Thankfulness - and those of you who don't please reach out - I would Love to help  you through the bumps in the road and in doing so it will help us all. 
Have A Wonderful Weekend~

No comments:

Post a Comment